Internship – 3 Months – option to extend, full time position upon completion an opportunity.
FLAMINGO MARKETING is a specialist visitor attraction marketing agency. Clients range from safari parks to heritage projects, iconic landmarks to theme parks and historic houses.
We work on all aspects of marketing for a wide range of visitor experiences across the UK from The Treasure Houses of England to smaller heritage projects such as Royal Gunpowder Mills, large visitor attractions such as Blenheim Palace to established wildlife projects like Birdland in the Cotswolds. Our head office is based in Newquay, Cornwall and locally we work with Flambards, One2eleven and Pirate’s Quest.
What all our clients have in common is people who are passionate about their attraction and we are very proud to be part of their team.
We are now looking for an intern who will join our team in Newquay and help support our marketing and PR team.
Marketing & Digital Media Internship.
Projects you will be assigned:
- Digital marketing, general SEO for visitor attraction websites and social media; social media advertising, PPC, customer journeys, conversion, optimisation, goal tracking etc.
- eCommerce, marketing of ticketing, assisting in reviewing new sales channels, new product launches and product research.
- Ability to create a detailed social media plan (competitor analysis, recommendations, social media calendar) tracking growth and impact.
- Create and maintain relationships with relevant online influencers.
- Build up client connections, followers and likes through positive, informative and enriching content.
- Upload videos, photo albums – keep clients online profile up to date and current.
- Blog/article writing
- 2+ years study or recently completed marketing degree.
- You must be ‘pro-active’ which means you’re confident to work independently and get things done but also reach out for assistance when needed.
- Fluent in English both written and verbally
- Keen interest in tourism, heritage and arts.
- Proficient in office applications – excel, powerpoint etc.
- Solid knowledge of web content management systems – word press, email marketing, social media and google analytics.
- Demonstrable experience in SEO & SEM with technical proficiency in keyword research, site architecture, META and copy optimisation, internal links, and maximising google adword campaigns.
To apply – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and information on why the role is of interest and your expectations from an internship.